Light and Sound Crossword Puzzle
3. _____ is the maximum displacement of a wave.
7. _____ occurs when light or sound bounce off a surface.
10. _____ light is light that we can see with our eyes.
15. _____ occurs when light bends because it enters a medium with a different density from the one through which it has been traveling.
16. _____ occurs when waves combine, resulting in weaker waves.
17. _____ is a property of waves that vibrate along a plane.
18. _____ consists of vibrations that can be heard.
19. Light waves are an example of a _____ wave.
20. _____ occurs when light or sound spreading out in a wider area or volume, resulting in a change of brightness
21. A _____ is a piece of glass or other transparent substance with curved sides for concentrating or dispersing light rays.
1. _____ is the number of crests of a wave that move past a given point in a given time.
2. _____ is a kind of shaking or up-and-down motion, which can sometimes be seen when sound bounces off an object.
4. _____ occurs when waves spread out after passing through a narrow opening or across the edge of an object.
5. A wave's _____ is the amount of time it takes a wave to complete one oscillation or cycle.
6. When light passes through a prism, it produces a _____.
8. _____ occurs when light or sound is captured, rather than reflected or refracted.
9. A _____ reflects light.
11. Visible _____ includes all of the colors in a rainbow.
12. Both sound and light travel in the form of _____.
13. _____ occurs when waves combine, resulting in stronger waves.
14. Sound waves are an example of a _____ wave.
Light and Sound list