2. A __________ consumer eats herbivores.
5. A __________ hunts other animals for food. Examples: lions, wolves, snakes, and sharks.
6. An __________ is an animal that feed on both plants and animals. Examples: humans and bears.
9. A __________ breaks down the remains of dead animals and plants. Examples: fungi, bacteria, and worms.
11. A __________ is an organism that obtains nutrients from other organisms.
13. A __________ consumer eats plants.
14. A __________ feeds only on plants. Examples: rabbits, cattle, horses, sheep and deer.
15. A __________ is an organism that cannot synthesize its own food and has to hunt or forage for food.
17. An __________ consists of the living and non-living things that interact and share an environment.
18. __________ are hunted by predators.
1. A __________ is an animal that feeds on other animals. Examples: lions, hawks, and wolves.
3. An __________ is an organism that makes its own food from inorganic substances.
4. __________ is the process by which organic compunds are synthesized from inorganic carbon, in the presence of light or solar energy.
7. A __________ consumer eats secondary consumers.
8. A food __________ is a series of organisms interrelated by their feeding habits.
10. The __________ is the source of energy for all plants.
12. A __________ is an organism, like a green plant, that produce organic compounds from inorganic compounds.
16. A food __________ consists of all of the interrelated food chains in an ecological community.
Food Webs list